The Habitat for Humanity ReStore sells new and used overstocked and discontinued building and home improvement materials donated by manufacturers, stores, contractors, businesses, and individuals. These donated items are sold to the public. All profits from the Habitat ReStore help build and repair Habitat for Humanity homes in partnership with our community.
While every day brings new opportunities and tasks to be done at the Habitat ReStore, there are recurring chores and tasks for volunteers. These include:
- Assist customers and donors
- Schedule pick ups
- Organize and price stock
- Unload trucks and vehicles
- Set up and clean displays
- Store and ground maintenance
We are always looking for volunteers who would like to volunteer on a regular basis at the ReStore. Those individuals or small groups can work with ReStore staff to define specific, recurring volunteer job descriptions and schedules.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- All Habitat for Humanity ReStore volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and must be accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18.
- All of the tools and equipment that you will need will be provided for you.
- Wear clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. Layers are usually best. Wear hard soled shoes or boots if you have them. All shoes must be closed-toed.
- Volunteers can take breaks as needed.
- If you are volunteering with us to fulfill a community service requirement it is your responsibility to keep track of your hours. Make sure you sign in and out on the master ReStore volunteer sheet AND have someone sign your sheet on the day you volunteer.
To volunteer, contact Michaelyn Denny, Director of ReStore Operations and Volunteer Services, to be scheduled: 269-344-2443, ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Your Comfort
- Dress for weather: wear layers in case of weather changes or as you move between inside and outside work.
- Bring drinking water and stay hydrated.
- You may bring your lunch.