Job Opening: Warehouse Worker/Donation Truck Driver
Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity (KVHH) ReStore is seeking a part-time Warehouse Worker and Donation Truck Driver to work 30 hours a week Monday through Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm during store hours.
This individual will be responsible for riding in and/or driving our Habitat ReStore truck to pick up donated items from residences and businesses, while interacting professionally and courteously with donors and customers. Additional responsibilities include loading and unloading vehicles by hand and using pallet jack/forklift, general warehouse work, miscellaneous maintenance and cleaning, customer assistance in the retail store when not on the truck, and other tasks as assigned.
Applicants must have a clean driving record, possess a valid chauffeur license, and be able to lift 50 – 80 pounds. Professional driving experience is a plus.
Applicants must pass an auto insurance screening and a mandatory background check prior to employment.
Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
ReStore is following guidelines provided for retail locations.
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chauffeur’s License (Required)
Trucking freight handling:
- Load/unload by hand
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
To apply: Visit the job posting on Indeed