Position Description: Construction Site Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Construction Operations
Job Classification: Full-Time
Hours: Varied shifts including days and weekends (40hrs per week)
SUMMARY: The Construction Site Supervisor is a full-time position (40 hours per week) supervising and supporting volunteer crews, as well as coordinating other construction activities in the construction and/or rehabilitation of 4-6 homes and 14-20 home repair projects per year.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & RELATED TASKS:
- Supervise volunteer work crews
- Support and supervise “weekday” (Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday) volunteer crews.
- Supervise, train, and support volunteers from community groups on Saturdays and some Thursday evenings (as scheduled)
- Supervise crews in completion of warranty work.
- Supervise material delivery and set up of sites to prepare for volunteer work.
- Assist with administration of construction activities
- Order day-to-day, week-to-week supplies.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring subcontractors.
- Assist with coordination progress inspections by building officials and others.
- Assist Director of Construction in creating project schedules, addressing home buyer concerns, and enforcing construction policies.
- Inform Director of Construction of volunteer labor needs and job progress so volunteer schedules can be revised and implemented effectively.
- Assist with evaluation of potential construction and rehabilitation sites and conduct assessments of home repair projects.
- Co-supervise Construction Assistant and on-call/part-time paid site supervisors.
- Perform other direct construction work
- Complete other carpentry, construction, and/or home rehabilitation work as needed.
- Help complete warranty and call-back items as needed.
- Supervise maintenance and improvements to Habitat buildings.
- Follow construction, personnel, and other agency policies.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge, skill, and experience in home building and/or remodeling.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building/housing codes.
- Knowledge, skill, and experience working with volunteers.
- Successful skills in working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have transportation (mileage reimbursed if personal vehicle is used for work purposes)
For more information or to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to: Charlie Robertson, Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity Executive Director – E-mail: email@example.com
Phone: 269.344.2443 ext 212