Donation Driver Assistant
The Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks a part-time Donation Driver Assistant, 25-30 hours a week, must be available Monday-Friday 8:45 am – 6:30 pm and Saturday 8:45 am – 4:30 pm. The driver assistant will be responsible for riding along with our driver in our Habitat ReStore truck to donor locations throughout the greater Kalamazoo area to pick up donated items from residences and businesses. The driver assistant will serve with the truck driver as a liaison between ReStore donors and the ReStore. They will interact professionally and courteously with donors. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds. Additional responsibilities include loading and unloading vehicles, general warehouse work, and miscellaneous maintenance and cleaning. There will be some customer assistance in the ReStore when not on the truck and other tasks as assigned. The Habitat ReStore is located at 7612 South Westnedge Ave., Portage.
To apply: Send a resume to Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity, Attn: HR Manager, by email to
Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity
Posted: March 26, 2019
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Employment level: Full-time
The Development Director is responsible for developing, directing and administering all development efforts including corporate, foundation and major donor solicitation, special events and the annual appeal campaign. Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the team, the Development Director plays a creative and strategic role in driving fundraising. The Director of Development works closely with the Executive Director, Board members, and volunteers in planning and organizing all development activities to fund and support the work of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with major gifts and grant writing preferred.
- Experience managing major fundraising events.
- Experience with Capital Campaigns.
- Proficient with computers; database management.
- Entrepreneurial: Resourceful, flexible and responsive.
- Team Player: Able to work and manage collegially in a distributed team environment. Achievement- Oriented: Consistently attain/ exceed individual and team goals.
- Disciplined: Brings a proven ability to deliver to plan; has a savvy and pragmatic approach to the implementation of strategic objectives.
- Effective Communicator: Proven ability to manage, negotiate and communicate successfully with partners, peers, vendors, etc.
- Strong drive for results and skilled execution. Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Experience in fundraising, including major gifts and corporate and foundation relations preferred.
- Experience with membership programs preferred.
College degree or equivalent experience.
Provide guidance and support as necessary in the strategic plan for development to meet the organization’s budget needs. Monitor and report on the success or need for improvement of such plans to accomplish the development goals.
Assist the Development Committee Chair to recruit and support committee members. Organize, attend and support development committee and other sub-committee meetings.
- Create and implement budget related to development, maintain development dashboard, and prepare quarterly progress reports.
- Develop and implement an annual development plan that includes: Corporate and foundation gifts – implement and expand monthly schedule of solicitation calls, proposal writing, generation of reports, and thank you letters. This includes securing event sponsorships, making appointments for Executive Director and appropriate Board members and researching new local and national sources of funding.
- Major donor campaign – implement and expand monthly schedule of solicitation letters, follow up calls, thank you letters, and yearly appreciation event.
- Plan, implement and organize special events including the annual Habi Hour event: solicitation of co-chairs and committees, the overall plan for the event, logistical arrangements, contracts for services, corporate solicitation/sponsorships of both cash and in-kind services, and development of all collateral with communications and marketing director.
- Develop a planned giving program.
- Research sources for funding and write grant proposals requesting financial support. Administer and provide all reports to funding sources for grants received.
- Pursue in-kind donations wherever appropriate.
- Attend staff meetings, monthly committee meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provide input to strategic, annual and operating plans and budgets.
- Participate in community activities and build productive relationships and partnerships with community leaders and stakeholders.
- Represent Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity effectively to external audiences; develop and display knowledge of key regional issues.
- Develop opportunities for regional, statewide and national relationships and partnerships that strengthen our communities and the organization’s reputation. Other duties as assigned or as needed to meet to departmental or organizational goals.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with the appointee’s background and experience and includes a benefits package. Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
To express interest about this position please send a cover letter and resume to Charlie Robertson, Executive Director at email@example.com or mail to Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity, 1126 Gull Rd., Kalamazoo, MI 49048. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. No calls, please.