Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity, Kalamazoo, MI
Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity is one of the oldest affiliates in the country and one of the largest affiliates in Michigan. Over 200 families have become Habitat homeowners since 1983.
In a typical year, Habitat builds or rehabs and sells 4 homes and completes 12-16 critical home preservation projects. Habitat is fully committed to providing programs that help build a strong foundation for families and individuals working towards a more sustainable future.
The Executive Director is responsible for supporting Habitat for Humanity’s vision and providing leadership, administrative management and strategic direction to the organization. The Executive Director is also responsible for achievement of the organization’s goals and financial objectives in coordination with employees, volunteers, and committees. The Executive Director is responsible for executing the direction of the Board of Directors and assisting the Board President in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Holds chief administrative responsibility for KVHH as well as public accountability of the affiliate.
- Assists the Board of Directors with long-term planning through creation, implementation, and timely updates of a strategic plan.
- Actively solicits and maintains relationships with major donors, sponsors and collaborators.
- Designs and implements systems for evaluating the effectiveness of KVHH programs.
- Responsible for the affiliate’s adherence with Habitat International rules and regulations.
- Supervises and directs KVHH staff in the performance of their duties.
- Prepares annual budgets related to physical, financial and human resources, and is accountable for control of these resources once approved by the Board of Directors.
- Work with Board, Director of Development and others to develop annual fundraising plan.
- Oversight of the development, maintenance, and monitoring of annual fundraising strategies.
- Represents KVHH alongside other professional and social service groups in the community.
- Develops and maintains an effective community outreach / communication program.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated public relations, community relations, marketing, and fundraising experience
- Previous experience in non-profit management preferred.
- Familiarity with affordable housing, retail, real estate and mortgage loan processes preferred.
- Must be able to travel locally and statewide routinely as required.
For more information or to submit a resume for consideration by September 30th, please contact:
Sheri Welsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening: Warehouse Worker/Donation Truck Driver
The Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks a part-time Warehouse Worker/Donation Truck Driver. Will work a flexible schedule, 30 hours a week, during store hours, Monday–Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm. This individual will be responsible for riding in and/or driving our Habitat ReStore truck to pick up donated items from residences and businesses. The employee will interact professionally and courteously with donors and customers. Applicants must have a clean driving record, possess a valid chauffeur license, and be able to lift 50 – 80 pounds.
Additional responsibilities include loading and unloading vehicles, general warehouse work, miscellaneous maintenance and cleaning, and customer assistance in the retail store when not on the truck, and other tasks as assigned. The Habitat ReStore is located at 7612 S. Westnedge Ave., Portage. Professional driving experience a plus.
Applicants must pass an auto insurance screening prior to employment.
To apply: Send a resume, references, and cover letter to Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity, Attn: HR Manager, by email to email@example.com. EOE