Information You Need to Know
- All construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old, and accompanied by an adult if under 18.
- Thursday evenings and Saturdays are geared toward those with less construction experience, but volunteers with all skill levels are welcome.
- If you are interested in volunteering weekly, regular crews work during the day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. These crews usually perform more skilled work.
- On Saturdays, vounteers meet at the Habitat warehouse at least 15 minutes prior to start time. Obtain directions and a map to the warehouse.
Volunteers work on Habitat construction sites 12 months a year during these times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Thursday evenings: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm upon request
Volunteers must register in advance with the Director of Volunteer Services. To schedule a volunteer time, please contact Director of Volunteer Services online or at (269) 344-2443, ext. 206.
What to Expect at the Site
- All tools and equipment you need will be provided. Feel free to bring your own tools (tool belt, hammer, utility knife, etc.), but label everything.
- Wear clothing you don't mind getting dirty and dress for the weather. Layers are usually best for weather variations throughout the day. Wear hard-soled shoes or boots. All shoes must have closed toes. No sandals.
- We take two breaks during the day. Lunch is from 12 – 1. If you are working the morning and afternoon shifts, please bring your lunch.